Implant-Retained Crown – Huntington Beach, CA
Complete Your Smile with a Dental Implant
No one ever expects to lose a tooth, but an incomplete smile is a reality for 120 million Americans. If you’ve lost a tooth, it should be replaced right away to stop the complications associated with tooth loss. Now, you have multiple options to rebuild your smile. Besides traditional treatments, we also offer the latest innovations using dental implants in Springfield. You can enjoy the next best thing to your real tooth using an implant-retained crown.
Options for Single Tooth Replacement
Losing a single tooth can significantly impact your confidence, but your self-esteem isn’t the only thing to suffer. Your oral health and quality of life can also decline because you aren’t just missing the crown. You’ve also lost the root. As a result, your jawbone isn’t being stimulated, so it slowly deteriorates.
As you lose bone density, your remaining teeth won’t have adequate support, so they will shift out of alignment. This increases your risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Over time, you can even lose more teeth. This can make it increasingly challenging to chew certain foods. Eventually, you might need to eliminate them from your diet. This can cause nutritional deficiencies that can harm your general health.
Your dentist in Springfield can save your smile using an effective treatment. After performing an initial consultation, we will determine which option best meets your needs:
- Fixed Bridge: We take an impression of your mouth to recreate the crown of the tooth you’ve lost. It’s held in place by reshaping your adjacent teeth to bond custom-made dental crowns over them. This is a convenient solution that will look natural, but you will need to alter healthy teeth to support the bridge.
- Dental Implant: A dental implant replaces both the root and the crown. A titanium implant post is surgically placed into your jawbone to act as a new root. Your jaw fuses to the post to support your restoration, which is attached to the post using an abutment. Although you’ll need oral surgery, you’ll enjoy a solution that can last for a lifetime with the right aftercare.
Benefits of an Implant-Retained Crown
Treating the entire tooth structure provides a variety of advantages that aren’t possible using a traditional fixed bridge, including:
- Over a 95% success rate to last for several decades.
- Looks natural using all-ceramic material.
- Feels natural to regain as much as 70% of your biting force.
- Preserves your jawbone to stop dental drift.
- Supports your facial structures.
- Reduces your risk of cavities, gum disease, and additional tooth loss.
- Doesn’t rely on healthy teeth for support.
- Easy maintenance and care.
- Cost-effective because it can last for a lifetime.
Replace Your Missing Teeth Today!
You don’t need to live with the consequences of tooth loss. We offer the personalized solution you need to rebuild a beautiful smile. Our office uses the latest technologies to ensure your new smile looks natural. If you’re ready to replace your missing teeth, don’t wait. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation for dental implants.